Millennial home buyers are into social media, they share a majority of their life on social media, which is why they want a picture-perfect home after closing.
Social Media Impact
A Meredith Corporation performed a study and found that millennials are focusing more on at home entertaining, causing more stress during the home-buying process. The study also showed that:
- Almost half of millennials have posted or plan to post photos of their home on social media.
- 21% of millennials reported using Pintrest to gather information about purchasing a home.
- One in three homebuyers say their home needs to be “attractive enough for social media”.
- 89% of millennial buyers plan to entertain in their new homes.
- 47% of millennials use social media to decide what changes to make to their home.
Millennials, GenX, and baby boomer buyers rank a state-of-the-art kitchen as the most desirable part of their dream homes. With an outdoor pool coming in as a close second. Millennials favor his and her bathrooms in the master bedroom as the third feature, while baby boomers wanted a three-car garage, and GenXers preferred a media room. Neighborhoods with good schools, and quick commutes to stores and entertain played a major role in millennial decision making as well.