Spring has sprung and that means it’s time for a good Spring Cleaning! Here are eight helpful tips to keep your home neat and tidy:
- Spot clean the walls, baseboards, and cabinets. Create mixture with mild dishwashing soap and water and dip clean cloth or sponge.
- Dust ceiling fans by covering them with a coat of furniture polish. Wipe off the excess and lightly buff.
- Vacuum the lint trap on the dryer and wash the inside of the washing machine.
- Clean the windows. Tip: Wait for an overcast day and start on the shady side of the house. Direct sun may dry the cleanser before you can wipe it off, leaving streaks. You can also go to an auto-parts store and buy a windshield squeegee, which cleans very well.
- Wash all curtains, blinds and other window coverings. If your curtains are looking drab, run them through the air-fluff cycle in the dryer along with a wet towel (to draw off the dust) for 15 minutes. Hang them back in the windows immediately.
- Deep clean the oven and stove tops.
- Clean out the refrigerator, freezer, pantry, and cabinets.
- Clean the drains. Mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 1/4 cup table salt, Pour the mixture down the drain, followed by 1 cup heated vinegar. It will foam and bubble. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Follow by running hot tap water for at least 15 to 30 seconds.